The Gates Primary School Early Help Offer
We are here to help you!
Early Help is interventions that are offered to all our pupils to prevent problems developing and it targets support to particular children and families with additional needs.
The purpose of Early Help is to support the well-being of children and families by tackling emerging needs at the earliest opportunity and prevent them from getting worse. This means working with you to identify any support you may need and gain access to additional services that can promote positive outcomes.
Effective Early Help may be delivered at any point in your child’s life about any issue which is impacting or could affect their development and well-being, including education and health.
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 (a guide to Inter-agency working) identifies that supporting children to achieve positive outcomes is more effective when local agencies work together to:
- Identify children and families who would benefit from Early Help.
- Undertake an assessment with you (known in Bolton as the Early Help Assessment)
- Provide Early Help services to address the assessed needs of a child and their family to improve outcomes.
We will ensure that we:
- Gain your consent and are open and honest.
- Seek your views and opinions.
- With your consent, work jointly with other professionals and services already working with your family.
- Empower you to gain positive outcomes.
- Allocate a lead person to help co-ordinate any support put in place.
- Consider the age and stage of your child’s development to make sure that actions are appropriate and inform our expectations and concerns.
- Keep you and your child involved and informed.
Mrs Jackson and Miss Whalley are the key workers who lead Early Help process at The Gates.